Terms and Conditions
Please read these rules, terms and conditions carefully. By applying for the Global Entrepreneurship Summer School (GESS) 2017, you agree to the following:
GESS Rules, Terms and Conditions for Munich, Mexico City and Shanghai
1. To apply for GESS, you must be a student of a higher education institution at some point during the calendar year in which your application is submitted. You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old at the time of submitting your application.
2. By applying, you agree to be available to travel to and from the airports of Munich, Shanghai or Mexico City within 24 hours before the start of GESS. Any other arrangement must be coordinated and approved beforehand by the GESS organizers. You are responsible for covering any potential extra costs incurred by these changes.
3. If selected, you agree to pay a tuition fee of EUR 119.00. Payment must be made within two weeks after confirmation of attendance and is nonrefundable.
4. During the program, the following is covered for all participants:
– Full board for 7 days.
– Accommodation in shared rooms for a maximum of 8 nights.
– Transportation (via public transit) to the locations of GESS activities.
You are responsible for covering any additionally occurring costs that are not mentioned here (e.g. any activity engaged in during free-time, etc.).
5. You are expected to attend and participate in all program activities organized by the GESS team during the program period (including evening events). This also includes planning for some preparation time before GESS begins.
6. In order to guarantee fluid and cooperative communication among the teams and other stakeholders, you agree to the distribution of relevant professional data from your CV/LinkedIn/other social media page profiles to other parties involved in the project (such as corporate partners, other participants, coaches, etc.). This information will be handled in accordance with normal data protection procedures.
7. You are asked to treat any non-public knowledge you gain about the other involved parties (e.g. speakers or corporate partners) with confidentiality. This commitment shall continue following the end of the program.
8. As part of our project promotion and dissemination requirements, you agree to participate in such promotional activities as the GESS team may request. You acknowledge that GESS has the right to use all promotional materials, including but not limited to photographs, videos and testimonials.
9. GESS is not responsible for:
– The safety of the participants during events and activities throughout the program and final presentation.
– Damage to the property of a participant or damage caused by a participant to the property of GESS organizers and third parties.
– Other damages, losses, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the GESS program.
10. Should you accept a place in the GESS program and fail thereafter to attend and fully participate in GESS activities up to and including the final presentation, you agree to be responsible for any upcoming costs. This excludes cases of force majeure or illness, which will be reviewed by the GESS management on a case-by-case basis.